Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides new business through contacts in the field.
- Handles complex projects of large magnitude.
- Responsible for coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Prepares strategic plans for project success.
- Serves as primary liaison contact with clients to complete projects on schedule, within budget, and with maximum client satisfaction
- Actively manages client budgets, schedules, programs, communications, documentation, reports, and office administrative tasks.
- Notifies CFO and other Managing Principles of potential financial concerns or windfalls.
- Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts on the most complex projects.
- Outlines work plan and assigning duties, responsibilities, and authority for personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within defined budget. Arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Education and Experience
Two (2) or more years of experience with architecture with various project types, sizes, and budgets.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Business Management, or related field required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Architectural license is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This list contains knowledge, skills, and abilities that are typically associated with the job. It is not all-inclusive and may vary.
Required technical skills include the knowledge of:
- Computer aided drafting (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, etc.)
- 3D Modeling (e.g. Revit, Sketchup, etc.)
- Project Management & Financial (e.g. Deltek Vision)
- Microsoft Office Suite.
Required mathematical skills and working knowledge:
- Accounting, budgeting, and bookkeeping as it relates to projects proposals, financial reports, and budgets.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Must possess excellent communications skills:
- Develop rapport and work well with clients, staff, and management.
- Understand architectural and legal documents, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations.
- Interpersonal conflict resolution method.
- Effectively promote organization and services offered.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Must have the following abilities:
- Ability to organize and manage high volumes of information that can be complex in nature.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Prioritize work.
- Perform within deadlines.
- Manage stress caused by workloads and deadlines.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Memory for details.
The incumbent performs in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls. Tasks require a variety of physical activities which do not generally involve muscular strain, but do require activities related to walking, standing, bending, stooping, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required to perform essential functions. May occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.