Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides new business through contacts in the field.
- Handles complex projects of large magnitude and multiple smaller projects.
- Responsible for coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Prepares strategic plans for project success.
- Serves as primary liaison contact with clients to complete projects on schedule, within budget, and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Actively manages client budgets, schedules, programs, communications, documentation, reports, and office administrative tasks.
- Notifies CFO and other Managing Principals of potential financial concerns or windfalls.
- Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts on the most complex projects.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of work of less experienced project managers. May act in a team leader capacity in the absence of the manager.
- Actively participates in annual budget process and ensure budget adherence within their control.
- Outlines work plan and assigning duties, responsibilities, and authority for personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within defined budget. Arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Coordinates, collaborates, and corresponds with the owner and contractor, administrating the construction contracts, conducting periodic on-site observations during construction to monitor and report compliance with construction documents, furnish the owner with field reports, provide instruction and direction to the contractor and owner, recommend and coordinate testing, and manage preconstruction conferences.
- Assists the owner with schedules, pay request reviews and certifications, submittal/shop drawing review, processing change order requests and field changes.
- Overnight travel, both regionally and domestically.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in the architecture field with various project types, sizes, and budgets. Experience with Federal contracts and projects preferred. Experience with design-build project delivery preferred.
- Professional (Bachelor’s or Master’s) degree in Architecture. Additional degrees in Business Management or related fields are desirable.
- Architectural license is required. NCARB certification strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This list contains knowledge, skills, and abilities that are typically associated with the job. It is not all-inclusive and may vary:
Required technical skills include the knowledge of:
- Computer aided drafting (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, etc.)
- 3D Modeling (e.g. Revit, Sketchup, etc.)
- Project Management & Financial (e.g. Deltek Vision)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Masterspec and SpecsIntact competencies preferred
Required mathematical skills and working knowledge:
- Accounting, budgeting, and bookkeeping as it relates to projects proposals, financial reports, and budgets.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Must possess excellent communications skills:
- Develop rapport and work well with clients, staff, and management.
- Understand architectural and legal documents, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations.
- Interpersonal conflict resolution method.
- Effectively promote organization and services offered.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Coaches and advises project team as needed.
Must have the following abilities:
- Ability to organize and manage high volumes of information that can be complex in nature.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Prioritize work.
- Perform within deadlines.
- Manage stress caused by workloads and deadlines.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Memory for details.
The incumbent performs in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls. Tasks require a variety of physical activities which do not generally involve muscular strain, but do require activities related to walking, standing, bending, stooping, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required to perform essential functions. May occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.
The candidate selected for this position will have a unique opportunity to develop leadership, business development, and management skills in preparation for potential advancement to an enterprise-level ownership and management position. CRSA is committed to succession planning for current senior leadership positions, and this position is specifically intended to prepare and screen candidates for advancement in firm ownership and management. No specific advancement is guaranteed, but success in this role would be one of several prerequisites for advancement to the highest levels of ownership and management in the firm.