Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and develops projects of medium to large scope and works under minimal supervision.
- May oversee a large staff of architects and technicians.
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments.
- Plans and develops architectural projects concerning unique and/or controversial complexities that significantly impact major company programs.
- Involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of items for investigation, and development of novel concepts and methods.
- Investigates and proposes solutions to major problems of grading, spatial organization, and site utilization.
- Prepares operating and maintenance manuals, studies, and reports.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coaches and advises project personnel as needed.
- Under the direction of the project architect and/or project manager consults with clients to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Plans layout of project and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Prepares scale drawings and contract documents for building contractors.
- Administers construction contracts and conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans as well as some construction administration.
- Prepares project designs and plans using computer assisted design software and equipment.
- Occasional or regular other duties may be requested, required, or assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Education and Experience
Ten (10) or more years of unlicensed architecture experience with medium-to-large scope projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This list contains knowledge, skills, and abilities that are typically associated with the job. It is not all-inclusive and may vary:
Required technical skills include the knowledge of:
- Computer aided drafting (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, etc.)
- 3D Modeling (e.g. Sketchup, Lumion, etc.)
- Enterprise level Project Management & Financial Management software (e.g. Deltek Vision)
- Adobe Creative Suite.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
Required mathematical skills and working knowledge:
- Accounting, budgeting, and bookkeeping as it relates to projects proposals and budgets.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must possess excellent communications skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex architectural documents, planning and legal documents, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Develop rapport and work well with clients, staff, and management.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations.
- Interpersonal conflict resolution method.
- Effectively promote organization and services offered.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Must have the following abilities:
- Ability to organize and manage high volumes of information that can be complex in nature.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Prioritize work.
- Perform within deadlines.
- Manage stress caused by workloads and deadlines.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Memory for details.
The incumbent performs in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls. Tasks require a variety of physical activities which do not generally involve muscular strain, but do require activities related to walking, standing, bending, stooping, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required to perform essential functions. May occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.