Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigates and proposes solutions to major problems of grading, spatial organization, and site utilization.
- Conducts site inspections for quality assurance and has knowledge of City and State codes & requirements.
- Prepares and reviews site analyses and designs.
- Prepares and reviews site master plans.
- Selects site materials, including planting and irrigation, and hardscape/furnishing materials.
- Actively participates in review meetings.
- Develops site designs, applying principles of grading and drainage.
- Conducts site analysis to include building operation, vehicular and pedestrian circulation, site grading, storm drainage design, and site amenities.
- Participates in reviews with various utilities and governing agencies for code compliance.
- Writes/Prepares Graphics supporting Design Guidelines and Codes supporting implementation of design ideas.
- Writes and edits site design specifications.
- Prepares graphic communication and presentation materials.
- May be the primary contact with the client and responsible for client communications.
- Performs landscape planting and irrigation design on a variety of projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- Two (2) or more years of experience with landscape architecture or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or related field required.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This list contains knowledge, skills, and abilities that are typically associated with the job. It is not all-inclusive and may vary:
Required technical skills include the knowledge of:
- Computer aided drafting (e.g. AutoCAD with LandFX, Revit, etc.)
- 3D Modeling (e.g. Sketchup, Lumion, etc.)
- GIS mapping
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
Required mathematical skills and working knowledge:
- Accounting, budgeting, and bookkeeping as it relates to projects proposals and budgets.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Must possess excellent communications skills:
- Develop rapport and work well with clients, staff, and management.
- Understand architectural/landscape architecture/Planning and legal documents, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations.
- Interpersonal conflict resolution method.
- Effectively promote organization and services offered.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Must have the following abilities:
- Ability to organize and manage high volumes of information that can be complex in nature.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Prioritize work.
- Perform within deadlines.
- Manage stress caused by workloads and deadlines.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Memory for details.
The incumbent performs in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls. Tasks require a variety of physical activities which do not generally involve muscular strain, but do require activities related to walking, standing, bending, stooping, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required to perform essential functions. May occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.