Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Communicates with client on project details, as requested by Project Manager (PM)
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical assistance and to resolve problems.
- Tracks and manages time spent on different projects.
- Prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time for PM.
- Sets up Architectural Plans using computer assisted design software and equipment.
- With close supervision, interns will work with project teams to modify documents and drawing with detailed instructions regarding tasks and expected results.
- Performs architectural assignments as needed.
- Willingness and ability to balance working on multiple projects at one time.
- Works overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Education and Experience
Zero (0) to four (4) years of experience is preferred but not required. This position is a path to Architectural Registration with little to no experience required.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field required.
Experience in architectural industry is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This list contains knowledge, skills, and abilities that are typically associated with the job. It is not all-inclusive and may vary:
Required technical skills include the knowledge of:
- CAD software review capability (e.g. Revit).
- 3D Modeling skills (e.g. Revit, Rhino 3D, Sketchup, or Lumion)
- Project Management & Financial (e.g. Deltek Vision)
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Required mathematical skills and working knowledge:
- Accounting, budgeting, and bookkeeping as it relates to projects proposals.
Must possess excellent communications skills:
- Develop rapport and work well with clients, staff, and management.
- Understand architectural and legal documents, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate and maintain long-term relationships.
- Effectively promote organization and services offered.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Must have the following abilities:
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Prioritize work.
- Perform within deadlines.
- Manage stress caused by workloads and deadlines.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Memory for details.
The incumbent performs in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls. Tasks require a variety of physical activities which do not generally involve muscular strain, but do require activities related to walking, standing, bending, stooping, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required to perform essential functions. May occasionally lift up to 15 lbs.